Are you excited about making a difference to your community? Are you excited to get involved in global learning and sustainable development? Do you like working in an international environment?
Join us at the Global Education Unit at Future Worlds Center!
A few words about us
The Global Education Unit promotes and supports active global citizenship through local, European and global initiatives. Our work focuses on equipping youth and educators with knowledge, skills and tools to increase awareness about global issues and to encourage action for a more just and sustainable world; engaging citizens of all ages in intercultural dialogue; supporting peace-building initiatives among young people; and stimulate action towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. The GEU is very well networked across Europe in the field of Global Education, and has long-standing collaborations with the relevant national, regional and international stakeholders.
The Project Officer will be required to support the day-to-day activities of GEU’s current projects, contributing to meeting key objectives and deliverables. The individual will be required to start immediately.
Specifically, the Project Officer will have the following key responsibilities:
- Work on the implementation of GEU’s current projects;
- Assist in the organisation of events, project campaigns, the submission of narrative and financial reports, and general administrative duties;
- Assist towards the efficient operation of daily activities and the implementation project activities;
- Work towards the sustainability of the Unit, seeking new funding opportunities;
Expected Skills and Qualifications
- Team-oriented and open to work in a diverse working environment;
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant field of study; degree in social sciences/ human rights/ international relations/ cultural studies or related would be an asset;
- Excellent ability to manage own time effectively to agreed deadlines, in a multi-task environment;
- Excellent communication skills, including high quality written communication, with strong attention to detail;
- Previous experience in organizing seminars/ workshops would be an asset;
- Previous experience in civil society would be an asset;
- Experience in working on international development/global education projects would be an asset;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Tools©, as well as in using and managing email and social media platforms.
Applications must include a CV & Cover Letter. Deadline for Applications: 04 December 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply, please send your completed application to email@example.com.
We look forward to working with you!